Carpets are a costly purchase. They are expensive and you love them. However, you want them to last as long as possible. You can maintain your carpet’s beauty even after years. You can achieve this by using the right cleaning products, continue reading?
Carpet cleaning does not have to be toxic. There are plenty of eco-friendly cleaning methods that will clean your carpet effectively, remove stains and keep dirt and debris from your home.
Maintaining your carpets is key to preserving their new look. These are some of the best ways to maintain your carpet.
* Vacuum it often
* Hot water extraction, also known by steam cleaning, is recommended.
* You can easily find carbonated water on the market. It is useful in bringing the dust to the top layers of the fiber by bubbling it up. You don’t have to use chemicals to clean your carpet.
For odor removal, sprinkle baking soda on your carpet. Let the baking soda sit on your carpet about 30 minutes before vacuuming it. It can also be used as an anti-bacterial agent.
White vinegar can be used to get rid of pet odors. Apply some white vinegar to your carpet and rub the pet stains. It will clean the carpet and remove any odors. Let the carpet air dry completely.
Tips Here’s some advice to keep dirt, soil, and any other unwelcome debris off your carpet. This will help you reduce your workload.
* Place doormats at your front door to keep dirt from carpet.
* You may ask family and friends to remove their shoes when they enter the house.
* Place a mat or rug under the carpet. This extends the life of your carpet.
Clean up any spills and dry them immediately. This will help prevent spills from becoming permanent stains.
Do not rub when cleaning wet stains. If you do, the stain could get into your fibers and become permanent. Instead, gently rub the stain with a damp, lint free cloth.
Here are some tips to consider when considering green carpet cleaning.
* Healthy Ingredients: Make sure to check the list when looking for carpet shampoos. You can find green carpet shampoos and other products at green home stores. Avoid solvent-based cleaners. Instead, opt for citrus or non-petrochemical solvents.
* Eco-Friendly Cleaning Companies Before signing any bond, be sure to review their products and cleaning methods.
* Avoid Acidic Carpet Cleaners. Tributyl Tin, Hydroxyacetic Acid and Formulaldehyde are chemicals that can cause harm to your carpet and house.
* Household Products Database: Check carpet shampoo every time you use it. This would provide you with all the information regarding the product, including its ingredients.
The major advantage of using environmental-friendly carpet cleaning methods is to your pocket, health and Mother Earth. You are missing out on the benefits of using these methods if they aren’t used.
Steam Star Carpet, Upholstery & Tile Cleaning
1a/802 Pacific Hwy, Gordon NSW 2072